Warm Season’s Greetings my friends! I hope everyone is staying warm but enjoying these balmy days we have been experiencing. I think I could live with this for the remainder of the winter. Before things get too chaotic I just wanted to mention a few things.
- We’re still in the middle of designing this website and putting everything together. If you know of a local North End business/organization that deserves to be on here… let me know! I’m creating a database of such things to share with the rest of the world. P.S… A plug for Karpaty Meats. If you need an amazing Kielbasa ring for Christmas, head on down to 536 Bannerman Avenue (at McGregor Street). If you go on a Saturday, get there when it opens. They can get a tad busy. Yup, they’ll be mentioned in the database too!
- This time of the year can be a little hard on some families in the city. Please, if you can, donate hamper items to places such as Christmas Cheer Board and Winnipeg Harvest. Hampers will be created and distributed to people living with in the communities so their Christmas is a little brighter this season.
- St. John’s Residence Association is offering free snow removal for residents in the St. John’s Neighbourhood. If you or you know someone who lives in that area and requires assistance with snow removal, please contact them for more information. If your residence association offers free snow removal for your community members and would like to spread the good word, please leave a comment here or contact us through Twitter. We’ll get the word out! We love good deeds!
- We’re showing our love for the North End Community Helpers Network. They too help spread the good word about the North End and supporting one another… check out their website. Spread the good word! Join the network (membership is free!) if you live/work in and love the North End!
- A HUGE shout out of love and thanks goes to our very own Michael Champagne! This dude is amazing and he too is spreading the good word and love of our community. His weekly Bell Tower rallies, initiative for new banners on Selkirk Avenue and AYO! is incredible and definitely inspiring. Be sure to check out his blog to see what he’s up too and from time to time he posts on this blog too!
- I want to do something special for this community and its members. Do you know someone or an organization/business who is doing something to make this community a better place to live, play and work? If so I want to start a monthly feature supporting the great people in this area. Are you a business that would like to show your appreciation for these people and give them a small token of thanks? Contact me at the email address listed above (to your left) and we’ll talk.
From my family to yours, whatever you celebrate this holiday season, we wish it be merry, bright and safe. May 2012 be prosperous than 2011. Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwanzaa! Happy New Year!